The Arizona Educational Foundation (AEF) announces its 2016 Arizona Teacher of the Year Ambassadors for Excellence. Of these five Ambassadors, one will receive the coveted title of AEF Arizona Teacher of the Year at the Nov. 19 awards luncheon at the Arizona Biltmore.
The annual Teacher of the Year program is the premier event of the Arizona Educational Foundation (AEF), a statewide organization that promotes and awards the exceptional achievements by Arizona’s public school teachers.
The five 2016 Ambassadors for Excellence – one of which will be named the 2016 AEF Arizona Teacher of the Year – are:
- Jennifer Anglin, Eighth Grade English Teacher at Flowing Wells Junior High School of Flowing Wells Unified School District;
- Angelia Ebner, Fifth Grade Teacher at Maricopa Elementary School of Maricopa Unified School District;
- Christine Marsh, Advanced Placement (AP) High School English Teacher at Chaparral High School of Scottsdale Unified School District;
- Beth Snyder, Sixth Grade Science Teacher at Akimel A-al Middle School of Kyrene School District;
- Michael Vargas, Freshman Physics Teacher at Pinnacle High School of Paradise Valley Unified School District.
- Nicholas Gearing, Tenth and Eleventh Grade English at Boulder Creek High School of Deer Valley Unified School District;
- Janice Mak, Middle School STEM at Explorer Middle School of Paradise Valley Unified School District;
- Mary McGraw, First Grade at Anza Trail School of Sahuarita Unified School District;
- Sandy Stones, High School Theatre at Mesa High School of Mesa Unified School District;
- Whitney Tapia, Third Grade at Knoles Elementary School of Flagstaff Unified School District.