The 2018 AEF™ Arizona Teacher of the Year nomination form and application are now available.
- Nominations must be completed online on or before 5:00 p.m. Monday, July 31, 2017. Click here to nominate a teacher.
- Applications must be completed online on or before 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 18, 2017. Click here to apply.
Only teachers who complete and submit their online applications by the August 18, 2017 deadline will be considered for the award. Applicants do not need to have been formally nominated by a third party; it is acceptable for a teacher to submit an application on his or her own volition.
- Spend the majority (over 50%) of the school day in direct instruction to students;
- Be certified to teach Pre-Kindergarten – 12th Grade (or combination) in Arizona at a state-accredited public school;
- Have completed at least four (4) full years as a classroom teacher at the time the application is submitted for consideration;
- Be a full-time teacher and plan to continue in an active teaching status through 2018;
- Not have been selected in as an AEF™ Teacher of the Year, Semifinalist or, Ambassador for Excellence in the past.