The A+ School of Excellence™ Program is a comprehensive school assessment program that celebrates outstanding schools and brings to light the positive stories and successes happening in public schools every day.
Applications for the 2017 A+ School of Excellence™ Program are due Friday, January 13, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. You can access the application and signature page in the sidebar of this webpage.
Please note– all applicant schools, whether reapplying for the award or applying for the first time, must complete the application linked on this page. There is no separate ‘renewal’ application for past A+ School of Excellence titled schools.
- Schools submit applications that provide demographic information, a description of current programs and practices, documentation of parent and community involvement, a profile of the school’s leadership and commitment to excellence, equity, service.
- Schools must demonstrate sustained high achievement or significant improvement through assessment data.
- Winning schools are recognized for their superior ability to identify and meet the academic and non-academic needs of their student population.
- The selection panel includes award-winning principals, teachers and community leaders. Panel members conduct site visits to selected schools throughout the state in order to choose A+ School of Excellence™ award winners.
2017 A+ School of Excellence™ Program
- July 2016 – Applications are made available to schools statewide and posted online.
- Friday, January 13, 2017 at 5:00pm – Applications are due to Arizona Educational Foundation.
- Early February (2017) – Schools are selected and notified of site visits.
- February through mid-April (2017) – Site visits are conducted.
- Mid- to late-April (2017) – A+ School of Excellence™ winners are announced.
- The designation and recognition itself can create greater parent and community involvement and confidence in schools that win the award.
- Internally, the process of completing the very comprehensive A+ School of Excellence™ application allows schools to identify and address challenges, generate new support from the community and business partners, increase student and parent pride, validate school programs and accomplishments, and re-energize staff, students, and parents.
- Each school receives $500 and a banner designating it as an A+ School of Excellence™. All staff and faculty at awarded schools are eligible for partial scholarships from Argosy University/Phoenix: 20% for a Master’s degree and 15% for both Undergraduate and Doctoral degrees.
- Schools that earn the A+ School of Excellence™ designation retain their status for a 3-year period after which time they must reapply for the award.
The complete list of 2015-2016 A+ School of Excellence™ Winners can be found here and through the link on the side of this page.