The A+ School of Excellence™ Program is a comprehensive school assessment program that celebrates outstanding schools and brings to light the positive stories and successes happening in public schools every day.
Applications for the 2017 A+ School of Excellence™ Program are due Friday, January 13, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. You can access the application and signature page in the sidebar of this webpage.
- Schools submit applications that provide demographic information, a description of current programs and practices, documentation of parent and community involvement, a profile of the school’s leadership and commitment to excellence, equity, service.
- Schools must demonstrate sustained high achievement or significant improvement through assessment data.
- Winning schools are recognized for their superior ability to identify and meet the academic and non-academic needs of their student population.
- The selection panel includes award-winning principals, teachers and community leaders. Panel members conduct site visits to selected schools throughout the state in order to choose A+ School of Excellence™ award winners.
2017 A+ School of Excellence™ Program
- July 2016 – Applications are made available to schools statewide and posted online.
- Friday, January 13, 2017 at 5:00pm – Applications are due to Arizona Educational Foundation.
- Early February (2017) – Schools are selected and notified of site visits.
- February through mid-April (2017) – Site visits are conducted.
- Mid- to late-April (2017) – A+ School of Excellence™ winners are announced.
- The designation and recognition itself can create greater parent and community involvement and confidence in schools that win the award.
- Internally, the process of completing the very comprehensive A+ School of Excellence™ application allows schools to identify and address challenges, generate new support from the community and business partners, increase student and parent pride, validate school programs and accomplishments, and re-energize staff, students, and parents.
- Each school receives $500 and a banner designating it as an A+ School of Excellence™. All staff and faculty at awarded schools are eligible for partial scholarships from Argosy University/Phoenix: 20% for a Master’s degree and 15% for both Undergraduate and Doctoral degrees.
- Schools that earn the A+ School of Excellence™ designation retain their status for a 3-year period after which time they must reapply for the award.
The complete list of 2015-2016 A+ School of Excellence™ Winners can be found here and through the link on the side of this page.