In partnership with the Arizona K12 Center and the Arizona Education Association, Arizona Educational Foundation (AEF) matches Arizona public school teachers with the legislators in their district for the Take Your Legislator to School Program.
This September, AEF has followed a handful of these teacher and legislator meetings to get a behind-the-scenes look at the visits.
Dr. Eric Meyer (D-28) and Arcadia High School Calculus Teacher Jennifer Dukelow spent Monday morning together. See the photos below from their visit.
Jennifer Dukelow is a Calculus Teacher at Arcadia High School in the Scottsdale Unified School District. She teaches Geometry, Calculus BC/AP, and Calc III/ Differential Equations Honors. In addition to teaching math at Arcadia, Jennifer supports students’ interests outside of the classroom. She serves as the teacher sponsor for several clubs: Club Hope, GSA, the Asian-American Club, and the Feminist Club. She also serves on the School Improvement Team and has been on Site Council for eight years.
First elected to the Arizona House of Representatives in 2008, Dr. Meyer represents the residents of District 28 at the State Capitol. He is the ranking minority member on the Education and Health committees. Extensive recognition during his term includes:
- Tech Ten Legislator, Arizona Technology Council, 2011
- Legislator of the Year, Arizona School Boards Association, 2011
- 100% score, “Who’s for Kids and Who’s Just Kidding?” report card, Children’s Action Alliance, 2009 – 2014
- Legislative Arts Hero, Arizona Citizens Action for the Arts, 2012, 2013
- Champion, Arizona League of Cities and Towns, 2013 & 2014